Nominations received for NMD Awards indicate that there are deserving nominations from some
outstanding metallurgists’ who are not selected for Metallurgist or the Young Metallurgist Awards but their
study, contributions and achievements are of such a high standard having social impact that they could be
considered for a ‘Certificate of Excellence’ carrying a prize money of Rs 50,000/-.
From within the nominations received in the categories of Metallurgists’ of the Year and Young
Metallurgists’ of the Year, if a presentation is found to be outstanding but did not succeed in winning the
award, such nominations shall be considered for a ‘Certificate of Excellence.’
A certificate will accompany the award.
Nominations shall be invited from :
- Organisations, including Research & Development , involved in Metallurgical Industries , Educational Institutions, Defence establishments, Atomic, Nuclear & Space organisations, Government departments, Scientific and Technical Institutions & Societies.Nominations shall be sponsored by the head of the organisation or Establishment.
- Chapters of The Indian Institute of Metals- Nominations shall be recommended by the Chapter executive committee, honorary members & council members.
- In the case of Lifetime Achievement Award & National Metallurgist Awards, both in the category of Industry & R&D/Academia, the NMD Selection Committee may constitute a data bank of eminent & distinguished persons deserving the Award, and propose any name(s) to be considered in addition to the nominations received.
- The awards shall be bestowed on persons, who, in the opinion of the Selection Committee, have made significant contributions in the particular field of their endeavour.
- Achievements during the last 30 years will be evaluated for the category “Life Time Achievement”, 20 years in the category for “National Metallurgist”, 10 years in the category for “Metallurgist of the Year” and 5 years for “Young Metallurgist of the Year” awards.
- Parameters for Selection of NMD Awardees for the year should also include performance, outcome and impact in the specified line of business in the preceding years.
- Nomination(s) from a nominee be limited to ONE group only.
- Nominations should be for an individual only, as Joint Nominations have been discontinued from 2014.
- The Awards shall not include any posthumous selection.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the nomination.
NMD Awards - Online Registration & Form Submission
Registration is required for the new users to fill the application forms for NMD Awards.